Mr. Macaraya, fondly called by his colleagues as “James”, became a member of the BOD in 2004. He was an active youth leader in the Ranaw areas and a widely recognized environment advocate. He is also one of the successful young Bangsamoro entrepreneurs. For over eight (8) years, he is very instrumental in the success of several BDA initiatives for reconstruction and development.
FUNCTIONS OF BDA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Establish levels of authorities and responsibilities of the Projects Approval Committee, Project Management Office, Regional Management Office, Units, Officers, and employees of BDA;
- Formulate and approve financing policies and implementing guidelines (including Operations Manual) needed to accomplish the purpose and objectives of the BDA;
- Review annually the policies and strategies of the BDA;
- Review and approve the Annual Work and Financial Plan of the BDA;
- Review the progress of the projects and the performance of the CMO and RMO in terms of the management of the delivery of services;
- Ensure that an external management and financial audit is undertaken;
- Authorize the Executive Director to perform any and all things necessary to implement the decisions and policies of the Board and all other matters that are delegated to him by the Board;
- Resolve policy issues relating to the timely and effective utilization of the BDA Funds;
- Submit a semi-annual and annual report to the MILF-CC and other concerned parties if necessary.
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned by the MILF-CC.