Ustadz Yacob finished Bachelor of Science in Shari’ah Law at the International Islamic University in Madina al Munawwara, K.S.A. He was a member of the BDA Board of Directors before he was appointed as executive director in year 2010.
Function of the Executive Director
The Executive Director heads the Central Management Office. The Executive Director is assisted by an Executive Assistant and a Legal Officer.
The Executive Director is tasked to do the following functions:
- Provides over-all guidance and direction in the management and operation of the agency.
- Initiates meetings/conferences with Government Organizations (GOs), Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) and other instrumentalities.
- Presides meetings of the CMO.
- Main signatory of all checks/vouchers of disbursements and expenses.
- Makes endorsements of all programs, projects and activities to the BOD.
- Assigns focal persons for the programs, projects and activities.
- Supervises all the operational activities of the divisions/sections/units under the CMO.
- Assists the BOD in the formulation and implementation of policies, plans, programs and projects.
- Ensures all reports and data are produced accurately and on schedule and analyzes processed data.