The Bangsamoro Development Agency (BDA) came into existence by virtue of the GRP-MILF Tripoli Agreement on Peace of June 22, 2001. It is the centerpiece of its relief, rehabilitation and development aspect. As agreed by both parties, the MILF through a Central Committee Resolution on June 2, 2002, created the BDA and asked the officers of the Bangsamoro Development Council, a civil society organization to run it.
The gargantuan tasks heaped upon the BDA are to determine, lead and manage relief, rehabilitation and development projects in the conflict-affected areas and to implement projects jointly with the Philippine government. To start on solid ground in assuming such formidable responsibilities, the BDA derives its authority and legitimacy from the GRP-MILF Tripoli Agreement on Peace of June 22, 2001.
- BDA is mandated to lead, manage and determine relief and rehabilitation in conflict affected areas in Mindanao.
- BDA is also mandated to be the coordination unit of the MILF during the pre-transition period
An enlightened, prosperous and self-sustaining Bangsamoro living a just and secured life.
As development manager of the Bangsamoro, BDA is committed to implement a model of development anchored on our core values, geared towards institutional competence and sustainability
- Strengthened the capacity of the BDA as an organization to effectively perform its mandate
- Sustained delivery of relief, rehabilitation and development efforts conducive to the peace process
- Increased access of marginalized communities to social, economic and environmental programs and services
- Enhanced the synergy among stakeholders in the delivery of relief, rehabilitation and development initiatives in the Bangsamoro
- Enhanced and strengthened partnerships with domestic and international aid agencies
BDA gives emphasis to the necessary moral, spiritual and attitudinal changes that must successfully transpire in the personality or character of the Bangsamoro. He must do this change in himself, for if he does not, then nobody else would do it for him.